10 THINGS I WOULD TELL MY YOUNGER SELF
There are many things I learned throughout the years I just couldn't have known in younger years - even if I would've loved to. Things I would love to tell my younger self.
Not just about friendship, failure, love, loss or how to handle educational things but also about selflove and acceptance. I know - I'm only 21 and who am I to give self advice about life when I roughly just kicked in (one quarter through though - how frightening?). But I'm feeling myself more than ever right now. And by that I mean mentally and also physically. I'm in a state where my selflove and affection of others are in such balance giving me that strength I always wished for. And to be honest: The people near to my heart have big influence on it. Thank you guys.
But anyways. I don't want to forestall too much, because who you are reading this will probably get what I want to say without saying too much. At least I hope so. So here are the 10 things I would have told my younger self when it needed it the most. No advice for anyone else but me, my younger self and I. Maybe you can relate?
1. Don't waste your love on people rejecting it constantly. I know - sounds easy and it probably is when you have the strength to. But when you're young and don't really accept yourself it's the easiest thing to lust for returned love to solve all your selflove problems. But it won't.
2. Keeping your circle small will save yourself muuuuch drama. Really very much.
3. Don't be with people who you don't really like but who you think are cool - just to be cool too. Their coolness won't rub off on you. Be your own kind of cool, evolve your style, mind, character - whatever - on your own. Every diamond needs cutting. Get that polish yourself & with the right people around.
4. Adding to that: Don't ever lose heart! Stay as humble and kind as you are. There are too few gentle minds but too much cruelty in this world. Don't let them tell you you're too soft or whatever. Let your tears roll if you can't hold back. Showing feelings is strength and nothing less. So chin up, dear. Keep going. You're beautiful. Nice butt.
5. You'll never find, when you search too hard. Let it come to you.
6. Work your ass off for things your passionate about! And don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't. You freaking can. And you'll show.
7. Parents really have the sixth sense.
They always know before you know. Fake friends? They know. Trying to hide something? Don't even try, buddy. They'll come for you.
8. Face the truth. Sometimes it's way easier to hide your inner feelings from yourself. But trust me when I say that you'll burst at the seams. Like seriously. Be true to yourself.
9. Say what you feel. Life's too short to keep things unsaid. Mostly it's the simplest things making life so sweet! Tell your family, partner, friends everyday what they mean to you. Your fellow wears a shirt that looks flattering on him/her? Tell them! Give away that smile. It'll stay all day. You get what you give. (Never thought I'd say things my mum uses to say - life seriously hit me.)
10. Be thankful for the skin you’re in.